Out now and available on the iOS App Store.
Written for professionals, especially those in the field of Early Music, Nova Tuner is a fully featured, highly accurate, chromatic tuner with extensive temperaments support.
- Clean and simple interface.
- Sound Mode (reference pitch) and Auto Mode (detect pitch).
- About 30 Built-in temperaments. (See below)
- Add new temperaments.
- Duplicate and edit built-in temperaments.
- Create profiles for frequenly used tuner settings.
- A4 pitch detector: quickly determine the pitch level of an instrument
- Quick selection of common pitch levels: 392, 415, 430, and 440 Hz (these are customizable).
- No data is collected, no internet connection is required.
- Custom temperaments are saved locally, as well as synced to your other iOS devices via iCloud when internet is available.
- All tuner settings (pitch level, temperament, etc) clearly visible on the main screen.
- Standard iOS appearance: the intuitive controls you expect.
- Large and intuitive adjustment buttons (no fussy scroll wheels).
- Light and dark mode.
- Supports portrait and landscape orientations.
- Note names in English, German, and Neo-Latin (do, re, mi).
- Add, duplicate and edit temperaments.
- Favorite frequently used temperaments.
- Filter by favorited and custom.
- Search entire list of temperaments by name or information (creator, type, year, etc.).
- Hide unwanted temperaments so they don't appear in the list or search.
- Temperament transposition
- 1/8 Pythagorean Well Temperament
- Bach: Barnes, Hill, Kellner, Lehman
- Bendeler III
- Egarr's English Ord
- Equal Temperament
- French: Corrette, D'Alembert, Rameau, Rousseau
- Grammateus Pythagorean
- Kirnberger III
- Meantone: 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, and 2/7 comma
- Neidhardt: "Kleine Stadt" and "Grosse Stadt"
- Pinnock Modern
- Vallotti (Original and Pythagorean Comma versions)
- Werckmeister III
- Young I and II
|Transposition range||-11 to +11 semitones|
|Detection range||A0 to C8|
|Reference tone||C2 to B7|
|Waveforms||Sawtooth, Square, Sine, Triangle|
|Tuning modes||Sound, Auto, Auto with Sound Back|
|Calibration range||A4=300-500 Hz, 0.1 Hz increments|
This app does not collect, store, transfer, or use any user data.
- Nova tuner uses AudioKit for sound production and pitch detection.
- The design of the meter in Auto Mode was inspired by Zen Tuner.
© Thomas Foster 2022